BDA Race Permit Scheme
The BDA Race Permit Scheme is a scheme where, for a small fee, an event run by a BDA member club is covered by the BDA insurance policy.
The permit allows a BDA registered club to run a race event that includes entries from organisations that are not BDA registered clubs and provides Public Liability Insurance under the BDA policy. The following conditions must be met:-
- the BDA safety policy must be followed
- race organisers must define the level of coach or helm qualification (in accordance with the BDA Coaching Scheme) appropriate for the event
- only dragon boats are covered by this permit scheme
- the event is "non-commercial", ie you are not acting as a race organiser for another organisation who is paying you to run the event
- race organisers keep a record of every participant from a non-BDA club for insurance purposes
- participants from BDA clubs must be registered on the BDA Membership and Events platform.
Public Liability Insurance is provided as set out in our insurance pages.
To take out a Race Permit, please contact us at email@example.com